

Date: 09/13-09/17
What we have covered:
Reader: Dot
MPM: E2 Counting Objects
Rhyme: My Shoes
Phonics: Consonants x, y, z
Song: The Bugs Are Coming
Dear Parents,
We had a very nice fieldtrip on Tuesday to Wan Hua near Longshang Temple. The Martians got to learn about Taiwanese history and see how much things have changed in the past fifty years or so. The even got to visit the set for the film “Monga”. Other than this we are having fun learning and practicing songs in class as well as reciting rhymes.
I’m very impressed by Hazel’s reading level. I had all the students read for me individually this week and Hazel is just as good of a reader as some of her classmates who have been here for a couple of years. I think this has a lot to do with the fact that she pays attention in class and is always focused during lessons. Great work!
Date: 09/20-09/24
What we have covered:
Reader: Dot
MPM: E2 Spatial Correspondence
Rhyme: Five in a Hive
Phonics: Consonants and Short Vowel “a”
Song: A flea and a Fly
Dear Parents,
We had some nice Mid-Autumn Festival celebrations on Friday morning last week. I think that the students really enjoyed themselves! Thank you for all the snacks from the parents which the whole school shared together after lunch. I hope that everyone enjoyed the holiday on Wednesday and spent a good time with their family.
Hazel continues to be well behaved and attentive in class. She has very good composure and has no trouble sitting nicely. Hazel really enjoys playtime and gets along well with the other boys in the class. She usually plays with Sandra, Chelsea, Hebe and sometimes Jason, too.
Date: 09/27-10/01
What we have covered:
Reader: The Pet Hen
MPM: Show and Tell
Rhyme: Georgie Asked for Fifty Cents
Phonics: Short Vowel “a”
Song: There’s a Hole in the Middle of the Road
Dear Parents,
I think that the Martian class students really enjoyed the outing on Tuesday! We went to the fire station and all the students got to go inside a real fire engine and sit in a fire boat. The firemen also helped them try on their fire hats and the top part a fire suit! Afterwards we went to play at a nearby park for half an hour. Everyone was very happy!
Hazel raises her hand a lot in class and it is really nice to get more of her participation! She is more talkative and less shy than she used to be. Hazel is doing very well with the calendar in the morning and she understands the concept of “last week” and “next week”. I’ve very happy with her progress!
No comments:
Post a Comment